torsdag 8 april 2010

(Prince) Carl Philip Bernadotte

I think that this fire-screen by Carl Philip Bernadotte is so brilliant that it deserves its own post. This is his artwork:


(source)

..and this is a comparison picture, painted by Govert Camphuysen in 1661:

(source)

The old castle of Stockholm was built in the 13th century, and burned down in 1697 (and for as long as I can remember I have always thought that it would have been way neater with a 13-century-castle with towers n' stuff instead of the square one we've got now), an event vividly illustrated by various artist, among them Montalegre:


(source)

I really think that the fire screen was a great idea, it's not just the design that is awesome, it's how C.P.B has taken a part of history and brought it into the living room. I really think that he's managed to catch the dramatic event:


(source)

Plus, it really, really looks super cool.

...

Hm, I wonder if people in the design buissness sees Carl Philip as a prince or as a designer colleague? It must be hard to have a name famous not for your accomplishments but for your relatives.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar