onsdag 31 mars 2010

(post contains brief nudity, but if you don't have the 1863 moral standards it's okay anyway)

I woke up early, and meant to be productive.
Sadly, I had no stomach. Where the middle of my body should have been there was just a big blob of pain, and nothing that had to be done was done. (Still; better than to wake up with horns)

Well, after a while everything settled and I went to school for a lecture about Impressionism. It was a good lesson, learned some new things, especially since I hadn't read (haven't even got, as a matter of fact) the 300-p. book that we were supposed to read.

One of the paintings we heard about was Manets Olympia, from 1863:


(source)

The painting shocked the prude people of France, and it was said to be immoral, since Manet had used a prostitute as a model, and Olympia was slang for just, prostitute. the painting has a good story to it, you can check it on Wikipedia, here.

Before the lecture I ran in to my friend Henrietta, which was awesome. I think I scared her, 'cause I yelled 'HENRIETTAAAAAH' and skittled towards her, with my frizzy hair everywhere and arms flailing dangerously and happily around me. It was nice to run into someone I know.

After school I met up with Karro. I didn't have my camera, so I've got no picture proof. Karro - the cool city kid - can totally deny hanging around with me (a hilbilly in comparison), but she won't because she's the best.:) We hung around at a café, drooled over some fine porcelain (I love you Marimekko) and went to yet another café where I digested a potentially deadly brownie. Mmm, contained nuts.:)
And well, I got home safe and sound and made dinner (fish was already out of the freezer) and now I'm going to have a really late dinner.

Honestly, except for the stomach ache, I couldn't possibly imagine a having a nicer day.

1 kommentar:

  1. Whoah, pretty cool, considering we are doing a game featuring Olympia right now! :D, but not THAT kind of Olympia .. more like.. the Greek place kind of Olympia. I'm happy to see that you're doing well. Me on the other hand has become the subject off a terribad cold preventing me from visiting my mother this weekend :(

    SvaraRadera